Header Graphic
Call Today for your FREE In-Home Estimate
*Equipment replacement only
Water Heater Leaking
We Can Help


If your tank is leaking from either the top (pressure relief valve) or the bottom, we recommend you first turn off the water to the tank. Your water heater tank should have a dedicated shutoff valve on the cold inlet side of the water heater. If this is a gate-style valve (a wheel that turns), turn the valve clockwise as far as you can turn it. If the valve is a ball-style valve, turn the handle 180 degrees.

We can help talk you through this if you call us at (303) 750-4242.

In the event the valve is broken, you can shut the water off to the home. Each home should have a main water shut off valve that would stop the flow water to the entire home. This valve is generally located on the street side wall of your in your basement or crawl space.

Click here for special offer!Click image

for a special

thank you offer

for visiting our site!

 If you are unable to locate this shut off valve, please give us a call at (303) 750-4242 or click on the image at the bottom of this page and we can schedule a time to have one of our service technicians out to your home to help you locate the valve.

After turning off the water, you will need to turn of the power supply. If you have an electric water heater, turn the power off at the breaker. If you have a gas water heater, you can turn off the gas at the dedicated gas shut off valve on the gas line leading to the tank.

If your water heater is leaking from the top (pressure relief valve) this valve can generally be replaced. However, there is a reason the valve popped in the first place. The valve is designed, for when the tank builds up too much pressure, to pop open thus releiving the pressure. Thus the name, pressure relief valve.

If your water heater is leaking from the bottom (tank rupture) there is really no repair that can be made and the tank will need to be replaced. If your tank is leaking badly, you may want to drain the tank immediately to prevent water damage. You can do this with an ordinary garden hose by screwing the garden hose onto the drain at the bottom of the tank and then turning the drain valve to open. It’s important that you make sure to drain the tank to a proper location such as a gutter drain or sink. Do not drain the water onto your lawn or driveway as sediment and rust from the tank can harm your grass or stain your driveway.

Water heater repairs and replacements are best left to a professional plumbing technician. The technicians on our staff can have you back in hot water in no time. Just give us a call at ...

(303) 750-4242

or click on the image below and we'll get a technician out right away.

 And, if you tell us you read this article we'll give you a $50.00 discount on your new water heater.....

Click on the image to get a

  techician out right away.


  Plumbing-Heating-Air Conditioning-Evaporative Cooling-Drain Cleaning-Water Heaters-Gas Lines-Sewer Line-Water Lines-Boilers-Humidifiers-Electronic Air Cleaners-Thermostats

Servicing the entire Denver metro area:

Denver - Aurora- Greenwood Village- Broomfield - Boulder - Englewood - Westminster - Northglen - Wheat Ridge - Parker - Highlands Ranch - Lakewood - Littleton - Castle Rock